Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Loudoun County Raider Wrestling Photo Gallery Duals for the Warriors

By Michael "Moe" Murphy
Clarke County Sports

LEESBURG, -(12/15/12) The Loudoun County Raiders placed third in the 2012 Duals for the Warriors held at the Raiders home mat in Leesburg. Brian Monroy (120), Matt Sun (126), Logan Smith (138), Hunter Day (160), and Alex Reader (182) all went undefeated for the Raiders. Matt Sun was selected one of five tournament MVP's.

“I just found my rhythm today, it was great.” Sun said, “I didn’t have to think about my moves, they were just like habits. I needed to get points for my team and that motivated me to go for pins to get the bonus points. The match against Paul VI was my toughest match. Looking back on it I wished I could have pinned the kid to get the extra points for my team.”
The Raiders narrowly missed the championship round coming up just 4 points short of knocking off tournament champion Warren County.
Round 1 Loudoun County 68, Clarke County 18
Round 2 Loudoun County 56, Falls Church 20    
Round 3 Warren County 37, Loudoun County 34
Round 4 Paul VI 39, Loudoun County 29               
Round 5 Loudoun County 61, St. James, MD 6
  






















 
All Photo's Property of Michael "Moe" Murphy / Clarke County Sports © 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment